spacer

Thursday, November 22, 2007

LRC


Been very busy so not got round to blogging the last few days so this is old news !I went to the LRC conference last Saturday. I won't write much as its been well covered elsewhere.I intend to get involved with the Women's Left Network but must admit I am not quite as upbeat as others about the LRC and staying in the Labour Party. I'm probably just getting more gripey and cynical as I get older and I was never an optomistic little ray of sunshine at the best of times.

Congrats though to Louise, Tami , Marsha Jane, Susan and Mary for getting elected to the LRC National Committee. That is a reason to be positive, a load of leftie feminist women who won't just sit quietly while the men talk bullshit.Good to meet Susan as well and have a few drinks with her after.

For now I will stay in the Party, get involved in campaigns, try to set up a regional LRC with Jon R and help with the Women's Network. I have yet to see the light and want to join Respect Renewal. Sorry, not convinced. So staying put.

Labels: