spacer

Monday, May 10, 2010

Thanks from john McDonnell


From John :


"I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave us such fantastic support in our campaign in Hayes and Harlington. People will know that I was really worried that the combination of the New Labour's commitment to a 3rd runway and a new ward coming into the constituency would enable the Tories to take the seat with a limited national swing against Labour. I have been here before in 1992 when I lost by 54 votes.

So I was amazed that we not only won but actually increased our majority. This was because of the superb support that we received from so many people for our campaign. People just turned up from all over the country to help us. It was such an incredible and moving show of solidarity.

We could not have achieved this success without you all. The sight of so many people from all different backgrounds working together with such determination was inspirational. Thank you all so much.

Thank you also to Stroppyblog, who has worked tirelessly in helping getting word out to people about the campaign and in mobilising support and to Dave Osler for his brilliant assistance and advice on our the media campaign and his canvass footsloggng.

I will alway seek to ensure that all I do will serve to live up to the expectations and hopes of all those who worked so hard to make certain that I was re-elected. "


Labels: ,