spacer

Friday, November 06, 2009

Musical interlude and guilty pleasures

Well actually I don't really do guilt about pleasure.
Anyway, for one reason and another I haven't been blogging of late and this is a bit of a filler.
To cheer myself up I bought the new Madonna DVD of her videos. Back in the day I rather fancied Ms Ciccone, and although she can still shock, I find the faux English lady persona a bit of a turn off now.

So here are a few of my favourites. Oh and for those who want to gripe about what I should post about and why I aren't I writing about blah blah blah, well tough, move on by.


First off "Into the Groove" and a video from "Desperately Seeking Susan". I remember seeing the film with a group of lesbians at the Screen on the Green in Islington. In fact the cinema was mainly woman lusting after Madonna. I loved her look and admit my style then was adapted from it .



OK, next Like a Prayer. No surprises there that I'd choose that, Madonna offending people and looking pretty good while she does it .



Finally, the uncensored video of Justify my love . Madonna channelling a trashy Marilyn look , no bad thing in my book.





"Poor is the man whose pleasure depends on the permission of another."
Indeed.

Labels: