spacer

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Meacher ? McDonnell ? All will be revealed .
















Via Dave's site . A press release :

JOINT LEADERSHIP CAMPAIGN PRESS CONFERENCE

ON BEHALF OF

JOHN MCDONNELL MP AND MICHAEL MEACHER MP

4.00 pm

THURSDAY 10TH MAY

Macmillan Room

Portcullis House

TO ANNOUNCE WHICH CANDIDATE HAS MOST PARLIAMENTARY SUPPORT AND WILL BE CONTINUING WITH THEIR CHALLENGE FOR THE LABOUR PARTY LEADERSHIP

Thereafter the successful candidate will be available for interview from the Atrium, Portcullis House and elsewhere, as required


Well if Michael somehow manages to get more and John has to stand aside I think the left in the Party is pretty fucked, to be blunt.

Ok not the greatest piece of political analysis, but it will be a major setback. McDonnell is never gonna be leader, but a campaign could be built. Perhaps some McDonnellites can be more upbeat , but I think the task will be much harder and will make a united left campaign much more difficult.

I'm not one to abstain, but I think I will find it very hard to vote for Meacher. I'm not sure what I would do and whether I will remain in the party .