spacer

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Party on with Alan Johnson....

Oh lucky woman I am. Just received an invitation (yeah, an invitation...don't get many of those sent my way.. sob! sob!) from my local Labour Party asking me whether I want to attend the fundraising annual dinner. Oh rapture! Oh joy! There's a definite spring in my step now after receiving this fabtastic news. Oh decisions, decisions, decisions, such as what to/not to wear for this memorable occasion.....

And then I saw how much 'ard earned cash you have to stump up to get a ticket. The princely sum of 40 quid. And for that sum of money you get to hear good old Alan Johnson for he is a guest speaker along with some other nonentities. I wonder if Johnson will do any stand up comedy? What a swell party this could be, comrades...

But then again rubbing shoulders with right-wing tossers and sell-outs aint my thing but I may just turn up to picket the gawd awful event...

And what also filled me with great cheer and optimism (not!) was a letter from my union, T&G/Unite offering to increase my funeral expenses. Do they know something I don't?

Labels: ,