spacer

Monday, December 17, 2007

Life is too short .


I don't have much time to blog today, but just wanted to do this quick post.

My political activity has been varied over the years, times of doing lots and others not so much. I have started to get more active in the last year or so . To be honest though I'm not really sure I can be arsed to do much anymore.

The left at the moment is pretty unpleasant. Its full of hate directed at each other.
Its full of personalised attacks and I realise that with yesterday's post I was getting caught up in all that. I don't want to get embroiled up in that sort of debate.That is not why I became involved in politics .

I don't want to point score.

I am genuinely sad that there is not a broad left party outside of Labour that I feel I can join. I know what i say will dismissed, but I really wish the RR lot would think about how they are alienating people, stop being defensive, and just listen.

For now I'm not sure I want to be very involved . I'll blog. yep that's not worth much. I'll go to the odd demo and conference. I won't though do much else. Life is too short to spend it being attacked by people who should be a comrade.

Looking around at the way the left treats each other I wonder what sort of world we would create if we ever had the chance .

Im sure I can be dismissed , but I don't think I am the only disilluioned person .

Labels: