spacer

Friday, July 23, 2010

Funeral Songs?

For some strange reason, I got into a conversation last week about what songs I would like to be played at my funeral. Here are my five:


Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
("It's a bittersweet symphony, this life. Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die" - perfect for the occasion.

Just who is the 5 o'clock hero? - The Jam
("I've seen enough tears to wash away this street, I've heard wedding bells chime and a funeral march, When as one life finishes another one starts ... Alright then love, so I'll be off now, It's back to the lunchbox and worker-management rows ...")
This one made the playlist, just pipping Funeral Pyre, also by The Jam)

Waterloo Sunset - the Kinks
("Whenever I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise")

The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Any More - The Walker Brothers
(won't be a dry eye in the house during this one)

My World - Secret Affair
(cheer up the funeral-goers with a life-affirming send-off)


I'm faintly embarrassed by the fact that all these are sung by blokes.

So, comments box is open for your funeral song plans. Choose what you like, but don't just list your favourite songs - broadly speaking, they should be themed on life, death or general epicness.

Labels: