spacer

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

FEM 07


I just received this from Kat Banyard, organiser for the FEM conferences. Very surprised as I didn't know they were organising a FEM 07 (no FEM 06...) the last one was in Nov 2005, which I attended and wasn't greatly impressed.... but that's another story/post..whatever. And laughably, I was on the planning committee for FEM 05, which is also another post/story!!

Enough of the bitterness. I am pleased though they are organising another FEM conference and putting the importance of international solidarity on the agenda. I just hope they listen to all of the organisers this time....I also think I am still on their list of organisers... Oh Well, I am a glutton for punishment after all.

They do have a link but it doesn't seem to be working.
---
Dear all,

We are emailing you because you were either one of the organisers of FEM 05 or, if you are a women's officer, your predecessor was!

FEM 05 was a fantastic success - with over 400 women and men travelling across the country to attend! Please find attached a FEM 05 Report summary.

And because we are all gluttons for punlishment.......the follow-up to FEM 05 - FEM 07 - will take place on Saturday 10th March 2007 at Sheffield University Students' Union, hosted again by the fabulous Sheffield University Students' Union Women's Campaign! The two main themes of the conference will be involving men and international feminism. Other sessions will include the objectification of women, young feminists, women in higher education, and an exploration of issues facing BME women.

We look forward to hearing from you,