spacer

Friday, February 16, 2007

Madonna , the new Gandhi ??





I used to quite like Madonna back in the 80's and early nineties.

Now she is becoming even more of a preachy self absorbed earth mother if her latest comments are anything to go by :

Pop star Madonna has said she "wants to be like Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and John Lennon".
The 48-year-old made the statement on US radio station Sirius - but added she wanted to "stay alive".



For me, the best thing in the world is to see something or hear something and go: 'Damn, I wish I did that. That's inspiring,'" she added.

The Material Girl also defended her controversial crucifixion scene in last year's Confessions tour.
"We all need to be Jesus," she said.
The show featured video messages of Aids orphans in Africa.
"Jesus's message was to love your neighbour as yourself and these are people in need," she added, claiming it had not been her intention to be controversial.
"I tried to take a powerful image and use it to draw attention to a situation that needs attention," she said.

"I'd like to think I am taking people on a journey... I am not just entertaining people, but giving them something to think about when they leave."




Does anyone around her have the nerve to tell her she is a self important pain in the arse ?