spacer

Friday, June 09, 2006

Punk rockers with flowers in their hair


Everytime I go to the gym I hear this song, "I wish I was a punk rocker (with flowers in my hair)" by Sandi Thom. Now the lyrics are fine, it is just the title makes me think.... fluffy hippy. Maybe she wants to bring together hippydom and punk but won't self-respecting punks be frothing at the mouths at this outrage? And wasn't it Johnny Rotten who said, "never trust a hippy"! Punk kinda passed me by as I was around 7 when it all kicked off and I was still listening to Abba (I don't listen to them no more... oh well, if you insist..). And anyway I am a New Romantic at heart (where's me Visage collection gone..?)
But knowing me (no pun intended) I will be humming along to it in no time and give me 6 months I will probably like it.

Well, suppose it beats the Sugababes and Girls Aloud (apologies to Ed at International Rooksbyism as I know he is a fan of their lyrical in-depth analytical portrayal of women's oppression under patriarchal capitalism...)